Smart, compact form, patented design LED lighting solution with autonomous behavior for under cabinet and indirect lighting
CatherinaS presents an autonomous indoor lighting which utilizes the recent advantages in OSRAM LED technology. This fixture is designed to be used as a compact light source with high efficiency, long life time and smart autonomous behavior.
Due to its compact size, almost any design idea can be accommodated and realized.
With the implementation of a high sensitive PIR detector, CatherinaS behaves autonomously. Fixture electronics distinguish between day and night, meaning the user can precisely select the threshold value for minimal ambient light, (the point when you need artificial illumination). If the ambient light is below this threshold level (getting dark), and movement is detected, light is continuously increased and switched on. After approximately 45 seconds, when there is no movement, it is slowly faded-out and finally switched off. Thanks to advanced OSRAM LED technology, CatherinaS offers almost homogeneous lighting over the whole projection area with minimal power requirements and life expectancy above 50, 000 hours. Catherina could save more than 50% on electricity consumption compared to halogen and fluorescent light sources and is environmental friendly (no mercury content, and compliance with RoHS directives). CatherinaS requires NO maintenance other than normal dusting/cleaning during whole product life.
- Under cabinet lighting (kitchens, shelves, desks, etc.)
- Smart illumination for galleries, museums, cupboards
- Stair illumination
- Architectural lighting
- Functions automatically, no switches, plug it in and let it work
- Efficient, low power consumption, uses less than 50% of the electricity when compared to halogen or incandescent lighting
- Long life over 12 years of regular home use
- High resolution intensity control with flickering elimination (invisible even to a video camera)
- Built-in microcontroller with dimming function, smooth Fade-in, Fade-out with gamma correction for visual comfort
- Intensity adjustment offers 250 levels
- Novel SmartAmbient function simplifying ambient threshold adjustment
- Compact size, robust housing made of aluminum and high quality plastics
- Easy installation, using 3M adhesive tapes with all necessary accessories included
Thermal management engineering
LED Power suppliers/drivers, Electronics and control engineering
Project consulting / LED solutions
- OSRAM Duris E5, 4000 K
Valentin Kulikov, FuturoLighting